Gourami compatablity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graucow

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an opaline gourami and was wondering if it would be ok with another type of gourami mainly wondering if it would be good with a pearl gourami, I know they like to be in trio's that also hold true if they are different types?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Generally male gourami's will not get along in too tight a space. Pearl gouramis tend to be more peaceful.

How big is the tank?

It is 40 gallons

Opaline gourami can be fairly fiesty and territorial, even the females. Pearl gourami are fairly chill and peaceful and will tend to get beaten up by the opaline. As a general rule, gourami pairs work best when they're the same species (can be different color morphs, like opaline and gold/blue/lavendar/platinum) and opposite genders. If you want to keep more than a pair, things usually work best with one male max, all same species, and ideally 5+ members in the group to diffuse aggression.

Ok thank you, dang I really wanted a pearl gourami but my opaline already can be a little aggressive so I'll have to stay away from that

Back
Top Bottom