Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecos4596

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I put a dwarf gourami in with 4 head and taillight tetra, 2 swordtails, 1 pleco, and 2 tiger barb?

If you can up the number of tiger barbs it may be possible. There fin nippers and may go after the dwarf. But in higher numbers they are usually a little more peaceful

Sorry to say this but the pleco (if its a common pleco), the swords, and the tiger barbs all grow too large for a 10g. Pleco's and swordtails, which can reach 5+ inches (mostly males) carry a heavy bio-load and should be in much larger tanks with very good filtration. Personally I'd rehome the pleco, swords, and tiger barbs then up your school of tetra's to at least 6 and then get a DG.

Sorry to say this but the pleco (if its a common pleco), the swords, and the tiger barbs all grow too large for a 10g. Pleco's and swordtails, which can reach 5+ inches (mostly males) carry a heavy bio-load and should be in much larger tanks with very good filtration. Personally I'd rehome the pleco, swords, and tiger barbs then up your school of tetra's to at least 6 and then get a DG.

I can't take them back so what do I do!!!??? They are all still small.

I have a Opaline Gourami and he was fine with my Catfish, Platys, & Corys BUT at one time I had to remove one of the Platys to treat for IPs in a seperate tank. Once she was better, I tried placing her back into the main tank...the Gourami now attacks all the Platys :( They stay hiding.

Back
Top Bottom