Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover5297

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've recently been looking to add a dwarf gourami to my tank which already has 2 bristlenose plecos, 4 neon tetras and 2 scissor tail tetras and was wondering which gourami would go best with the fish I already have?

i would get a dwarf gourami. they are great little fish and in my experience make a nice community fish. they come in several colors. what size tank do you have? it should be at least 10-15 gallons. good luck. :)

Mine would be a pair of honey gourami - the natural coloured ones. The fully coloured males are gorgeous. They also seem less agressive to each other than the dwarfs

If I had two neon blue dwarf gourami's in the same tank would they get along?

I love my balloon pearl gouramis. Everyone is always fascinated by them and have no clue what fish they are. Mine are the most peaceful fish I own and, they've never shown aggression towards anyone else, and they hangout together and never leave one another's side

Why on earth would anyone want balloon anything? They are hideous deformities. Pearl gouramis are one of the most beautiful community fish out there. Balloon ones look like you have just lifted one out of the tank, rolled it into a ball and thrown it back.

Oh, and their lifespan is usually far shorter too.

My tank is a 13 gallon is that alright for two neons blue dwarf gourami?

Why on earth would anyone want balloon anything? They are hideous deformities. Pearl gouramis are one of the most beautiful community fish out there. Balloon ones look like you have just lifted one out of the tank, rolled it into a ball and thrown it back.

Oh, and their lifespan is usually far shorter too.

Lol was one of the first fish I bought when I was new to fish keeping

Thanks for your input you geek

IMO a 13 is too small, to me 20 gallon is minimum. I love these fish in a heavily planted tank.
I have to agree on this. A 20 is big enough for two I'd think, but a 13 isn't enough for them. They're extremely territorial and will rip each other up. Even if they're a pair.

Back
Top Bottom