Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

F.Sam

Aquarium Advice Freak
So this happened to my T. Chuna overnight... I have never seen this on any of my fish in two years. I have never seen injuries on my fish whatsoever for that matter... Any thoughts on this? I don't have any sharp edges in my tank so!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420574170.659415.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420574185.601597.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420574228.208906.jpg

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Anyone?

Hopefully this will help!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420717414.539249.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420717426.034968.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420717437.606948.jpg

Ok. The first pic looks almost like a healing laceration. The next two like a bump or tumor type abrasion. Other tank inhabitants? Current water parameters? Dwarf gourami in particular can have issues. I've got 2. A flame and blue neon. Since getting them I've read a lot about problems health wise due to the way they are bred. Not a good track record. Very sensitive to swings in parameters or poor quality water. I'd qt if you can. I can't advise on meds, hopefully someone else can hope in. If qt isn't an option you can always up water changes (which I'd do either way).

I know DG have several issues, I've had one (in a previous setup) die to dwarf gourami disease in a week's time. This looks totally different.

I went to sleep and checked the tank, nothing wrong with him. Woke up and all of a sudden I see this lumpy thing on his face.

He has been in this setup for 1.5 year. There has been no aggression towards him whatsoever. I got kuhli's, cardinal tetras, corycats, pseudomugil furcata and a female blue ram in the tank. Tank parameters are fine and I do weekly 40% water changes every friday.

He's not acting like he's jn pain, doesn't hide. Doesn't really show any change in behaviour. So I think it must be an injury (maybe driftwood?).

How long have you had them? ;) mine is always watching me closely! The should come out after a month or so. Then again I spend a lot of time at my desk.

Since April. They are right by my bed, so they get a lot of traffic. They are more scared of others than me seems like.

Back
Top Bottom