Grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More celebrities celebrating themselves...sorry, doesn't excite me. :fadein:
Until qualitiy bands like Rush are placed in the RR hall of fame, I won't even visit it....and I live nearby.

We were talking about that tonight. I like Janis Joplin and all, but to give a person a lifetime achievement award who died when they were like 25 years old seems a bit ridiculous - particularly when Zeppelin has NEVER even won a grammy.

Neither has The Who.

Seems the Grammys are a bit of a farce...

According to the Grammys, Zeppelin took a backseat to the likes of Simon and Garfunkel (alright, I can take that - Bridge Over Troubled Water is a great album), Carole King, the "Concert for Bangladesh" which I've never even heard of.

In 1971, Carole King aced out Zeppelin (III & IV) and The Who (Who's Next) to win Album of the Year.

That Carole King must have really been something. Who's Carole King? 50 Kudos to whoever can name 1 song by Carole King.

Clown Monarch said:
That Carole King must have really been something. Who's Carole King? 50 Kudos to whoever can name 1 song by Carole King.

VERY easy..."I Feel the Earth Move", "Hard Rock Cafe", "One Was Johnny", "Natural Woman", "Carry your Load"....she has done a load of hits.

Hmm, "Natural Woman" was a good one. So was "I Feel the Earth Move". Perhaps I judged Carole too hastily.

She's still not Zeppelin though...

50 k.

Concert for Bangladesh" which I've never even heard of.

Concert for Bangladesh was a benifit concert that George Harrison came up with back in the 70's, oddly enough for peoplein Bagladesh

Ringo, Dylan and Clapton where part of it too

There were a few other bands in it but none of them are coming to mind right now (Bad Finger maybe?)...It was one of the first big time rock benifit shows...half of it was Indian music that I myslef could live with out but the other half of the show was pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom