great start to a saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
well my lfs has had a tigerfish for a few months and the thing has had me captivated. so i have been trying to convince the better half to allow me to get the fish. well last night i took the wife down to try and convince her and got the owner to feed it, those things are savage lol. needless to say after some groveling and compromise i am totally getting it. i am going to be getting fluval 45g bowfront kit to house it for a while. before anyone gets on my case i know how big they get, i have done research so please save the negative remarks. the fish is currently about 5 inches so should be ok in the 45 for some time as they are slow growing. i am so pumped to get it its going to be freaking awesome. i just couldnt contain my excitement and had to brag to someone and who better than the other fish nuts on AA. so much cooler than getting pirahna and much more active and aggressive at feeding time. im stoked.

The tiger fish was shown on "river monsters" but that was the Goliath tiger fish. The one I am getting is much smaller reaching a max size of about 30 inches. This Is a picture of the species I'm getting, all teeth.

kenbob said:
I would love a fish like that but my tanks are not big enough.

No cavity, that's the remnants of the previous fisherman lol. The one I'm getting is about 4-5 inches and is going in a 45g bowfront I ordered for now then I'll upgrade as needed. Excuse to buy bigger tanks. They are very slow growing. I actually have the fish on hold now and the tank is ordered so once it comes in I'll post pics once everything is setup.

That is cool. How did you talk your wife into it. One look and mine said no.

Cause I'm the man and what I say goes!!!!!! Who am I kidding lol I was on my knees begging and groveling "please pretty please, I'll do anything" no not that either. My wife is pretty awesome with letting me pursue my hair brained ideas, but I did have to agree to getting a cat :-(

As long as all your fish tanks have been cat proofed so none of your fish go missing, you may be surprised at how much you enjoy having a cat. They are very individual, but they are a lot more people dependent than most people realize. I have had one that followed me like a dog, all of the current group come when called, if slowly, and none like to be left alone when people are around.

im not a cat person. she actually had a cat when we met and it drove me nuts so the next one will be a strictly inside cat and will be fixed. worst case scenario it becomes tigerfish food lol, just kidding.

kdpuffer said:
im not a cat person. she actually had a cat when we met and it drove me nuts so the next one will be a strictly inside cat and will be fixed. worst case scenario it becomes tigerfish food lol, just kidding.

I hope you get a kitty you love! One of ours loves to nap and cuddle, and if you say "Jade, do you want to take a nap?" she streaks off down the hallway and beats you to the bedroom! And congrats on the fish, it sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom