green carpet of algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zac85

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tank with a dark green carpet of algae...does anyone know how to clean this out...i gravel vacced and did water changes and put a large canister filter...its a 75 gallon with a black ghost knife 2 pleco and a medium sized fish of some kind.

I have a tank with a dark green carpet of algae...does anyone know how to clean this out...i gravel vacced and did water changes and put a large canister filter...its a 75 gallon with a black ghost knife 2 pleco and a medium sized fish of some kind.

How long do you keep your light on the tank? And is it in direct sunlight? These thing will make algae bloom. To get it out I would do like 30% water changes every couple days , keep light time down, and they are algae tablets you can try that may help.

Im not sure...its actually a clients tank....i leave the main light off and there are blinds on the windows...i do a 30 percent water change once a week.i cant do the tank more than once a week really.

If the tank is not planted try adding some activated carbon to the filter or some form of (mechanical filtration of your choosing) if u have it in the filter already it may be time to change it out as the carbon may be exhausted

Back
Top Bottom