Green, green go away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mllalvarado

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have now added guppies to my tank about twenty or so, so far. I am noticing my tank getting greener and greener. I have emptied most of the water and refilled it back up. I also took my eheim filter apart and cleaned that out. Is there something else I am suppose to put in the water so I don't have to clean it every day?? Do I have to many fish in my tank??? Does something go inside my filter to help maintain cleanliness?? I don't have time to clean 55 gallon tank everyday by hand.:?::?:

Are you sure it's green? Take a sample of water and put it in a white styrofoam cup. Make sure it's really green. It may also be a milky white color (that could appear green in an aquarium). The diagnosis between the 2 is very different.

Also, I'm assuming it's the water that's colored, not the glass?

If the water is turning green, you may have an ammonia problem.

What are your water parameters?

How long has the tank been set up?

Did you cycle it?

It is def the water that is green. My tank has been set up for about four months now, and I just put fish in there about two months ago.

Get you water tested so you know your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels, then look up "green water". Green water is unicellular algae.

Back
Top Bottom