Green moray Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calebsanders

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys my 55g tank has finally cycled. Water levels are great. I have a green moray eel in there but I want something else to go with it if possible.
I know that he will eat anything he can fit his mouth over but I was wondering about maybe a Mombasa Lion.

What do you guys think? Or Any other suggestions?

From what I've read, these get 5' to 6' at home and 7' in the wild and they grow pretty fast. Liveaquaria says they need a 500g aquarium. I'd be more concerned about about that in such a small tank.

Yea I read that too, but I also read that it would be a few years before they were even close to being that big. And in about a year I am planning on custom building a big tank to take care of the eel for when he gets bigger.

Great eel here's a nice size one. Is yours captive bred?

Attachments

• image-793284589.jpg
    image-793284589.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 138
I'm not sure I forgot to ask the lfs but here he is!

He's very active and playful in the tank and he loves swimming around therocks

Attachments

• image-4158158940.jpg
    image-4158158940.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 135
Calebsanders..thats not a green moray eel i think instead you have a wolf eel( i think thats what its called) a green moray is a gymnothorax member
of the moray family and can get quite large.. Your eel appears to have a pattern where a a green moray doesnt..google wolf eel and you should get a match..;)

Riverhawk wow your right! The lfs guy had a green morey before it so I never even asked I just researched a little on a green morey eel and saw some that looked like it!

Back
Top Bottom