Green slime help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clearpilot17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had green slime over everything in my tank it's making it look trouble need help tryst to clean I out but come back xx

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If its a bluish green, then its a bacterial thing. I had it, mine came from dead spots in the tank where there was no water flow and too much lighting. If you turn the light out for about 5 days it should go away. BUT yes it will come back. You have to find what is causing the issue. I rearranged my tank and fixed my lighting and it seems to have went away I no longer have any dead spots in the tank. That is all I know.
Hope this helps some.

Is this the same stuff that plagued your tank back in July 2015? I saw some relevant threads you started at that time and several options for treatment were provided.

Yeah it's went away for about a month and come back I tried most things and chemical hydro what ever and that minimise it but start to kill one or to of my galaxy's

I've had it twice over the last 3 years and both times I used API erythromycin to clear it up.

Where do you buy that from because I have looked in my aquatic shop but they don't store it

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom