Green terror Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessiicaxrosex3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got him from the lfs three weeks ago, felt bad for him in the small display tank. Some scales were missing and the fish store blamed it on other fish picking on him and said they'd grow back. Is there a bigger picture that i'm missing? In a 55 to himself.
n6w2ki.jpg

That's a great looking saum! Im not sure about the missing scales but I would think it would take quite some time for them to grow back. How big is he/her? The orange is awesome!

He's around 6 inches! Just wanted to make sure all was well. The missing scales are on both sides, same spot which throws me off.

He's around 6 inches! Just wanted to make sure all was well. The missing scales are on both sides, same spot which throws me off.

Should be fine just make sure the water is insanely good, don't want that turning into an infection or anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The scales should grow back I have seen it happen with other fish. You may notice a little scaring but nothing big. There was a red severum I was watching heal at a LFS and after healing I could always tell where the injury was but I think if nobody knew they wouldn't notice. he looks good otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom