Green water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjones376

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I have a 55gal tank cycled with cichlids I do my weekly wc at 15 gal I have 2 sunsun 303b canister filters water is clear when looking at it from the front but when you look at from the side it has a green hue or tint to it how do I clear this up?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you sure it is the water and not the glass? If your truly have green water it will probably get more green fast. The best way to get rid of it is to blackout the tank.

Not the glass I scrub it at every wc And hard to blackout the tank I enjoy watching them too much lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have to do a black out, it will just progress if it is truly green water. Or invest in a proper uv filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Once you resolve the issue you will also need to remove the cause or it will just come back. The most common cause is too much sunlight.

Take some water out of the tank and put in a white cup or bowl. If it has a green tint then you do indeed have a green water algae bloom. Otherwise it is the tank glass making it look like that. My 220g tank is like that. From the side the tank looks to have a tint but not from the front.

If you do have an algae bloom may on this site have used this and gotten great results in a matter of a day or so depending on how far along the bloom is... Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer with Power Head at PETCO. On my 220g tank I ran an in-line UV on a small, slow running canister.

Back
Top Bottom