Greetings from Minnesota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stangedude

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just discovered this forum......how fun!!!!

I am a newbie at this aquarium thing. I have a 20G freshwater tank. My brother had an aquarium back in the day so I am not a total stranger to this.

Started with Neon Tetras without know they can be a little tricky as starter fish. I now have Glofish and a Placco. I am having better luck with these.

I am looking forward to reading through this board. Looks very useful.

Last edited:
Welcome!

What kind of Pleco do you have? Chances are it will need a larger tank in the future. :)

Thanks for joining us, this is a great place!

I think it is a Common Pleco (Sorry for the mispell earlier, think I had two c's in there...like I said, I am a newbie.)

About the tank being cycled....that term is new to me. Let me look that up and get back to you. I have had cloudy water and have added some that clear treatment and have replaced about 15 percent of the water. I have changed the filter a few times.

I have had this tank for about two months or so.

Hi there, Strangedude, and welcome to AA!:welcome:I bet you love your pleco, most people do. I love ours, but esp. a common, as I found the hard way, needs a MUCH bigger tank than a 20. They can grow to well over a foot long, I'm told. They probably need minimum 75, but bigger if possible. Also, let me give you a link to some articles about cycling:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...started-check-out-these-resources-154837.html. These will be very helpful in understanding the nitrogen cycle, in your tanks.

And one more thing: almost NEVER, never change a filter. The filter is where the beneficial bacteria colonies form, and you need them. Always keep spare filter material cycling in the filter, and don't throw them away unless they are falling apart. You will find all this, and much more in those articles. Enjoy!! I know you will....I did.

Back
Top Bottom