Growing corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leafyseadragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two colonies of mushroom corals which have been in my tank for several months now. Almost every polyp has grown considerably, but the number of polys has remained constant. How often do mushroom corals reproduce? Or am I stuck with just 12 polyps?

I wish I knew. I have xenya taking over my tank and my zoos are spreading nicely but, my mushrooms don't do anything. :?

More intense lighting should help them multiple. I had a blue mushroom rock almost directly below 150W MH and the population exploded.

Not sure what your lighting is but IMO they will reproduce over time. 2-3 months is not that long of a time when it comes to corals and growth. Not knowing what your system is and how much you feed what type of water, light.....
No one can give you a answer on this..... In my tank some shroons took 6-8 months till they started to spread..... Other shroons it took 2-3 months.
When they got to a size where they start to crowd themselves they should start to spread out.... When they do this they leave a small piece behind which becomes a new shroon. You may have some new ones already and you just don't see them under the big ones.... Check at night with a flashlight..
Good things come to those who wait.....

Back
Top Bottom