Growing seeds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thinker6000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I just created this profile for advice on following...
i have ordered some seeds from aliexpress. (Heat shape grass, low cow grass, and love grass). I am planing to grow half of all three submerged and other half out of tank, i have already seen some videos on youtube but that doesn’t answer my question.

My question
1. i don’t have proper aquatic mud, is there any way to produce or use normal mud from garden? Can i use gravel? Or sand?
2. If i submerge the seeds in my aquarium, will it grow?
3. Any cautionary measures to take before planting or after planting?

My aquarium details are as follow.
12 inch width x 90 inch length x 36 inch water hight. (42” inch actual glass height). It is custom made for my house’s wall.
Height is bit too much and i cannot reach to bottom with hands and have to use use some tools are make do with things at the bottom.
The gravel i have is more like crush from marble factory. I will also attach pictures.

IMG_9383.jpgIMG_9381.jpgIMG_9380.jpgIMG_9379.jpgIMG_9378.jpg

I’ve never used seeds but can’t see a problem with garden soil or clay rich sand (or even gravel once detritus builds up) from growing plants. Thread search of old posts could find something as I’ve seen threads before. I like the idea of bit of an experiment and trying half one way and half the other.

Back
Top Bottom