Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhorgunn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guess this is a stupid question. I've just started stocking my tank. Put in a 3 Stripe Damsel and he is about an 1"X1". Went to the Fish Shopr a couple weeks later and saw adult"?" that were 3"X3" ... just curious what is the average rate of growth. I'm not trying to rush anything ... just curious?

He could grow to that size but there are several factors at play here. Tank space, stress, nutrition and diseases. All of these play a part in how long they live and how big.

Thank you. In a way I don't really look forward to them getting too big. Right now that 3 Stripe can zoom in crevesses of the live rock that you would bet he couldn't. It's fun to watch. Looking at the one in the fish store made me realize that at that size there would be restricted to the mid and larger openings of the rock set up. Made me think that I would have to put that into consideration when I added coral ... to leave them spaces ... pathways.

I have a 34 gal. ... so I know this will not induce growth however in 2 months the crabs have gone from specks to being able to make out legs and such. I am about to do my second shell change for them with about 1/4 to a 1/3 inch opening. I don't know how this falls into paramiters.

So best guess ... given best case ... what would you say a growth rate would be for a 34gal?

It`s still hard to say but I have a 4 stripe that is about 3 inches but he`s 10 yrs old. I would say in time your`s will too.

Back
Top Bottom