Guppy 10 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if I could breed guppies in a ten gallon tank. This is just an idea and nothing more so it isnt a problem if it's a bad thing to do.

I think that would be fine, as long as you restricted it to a single male and 2-3 females. However, if you plan on keeping any fry, I would go with a bigger tank, as you will easily be overstocked.

To be honest, to be safer I'd breed in a 20g. But if you still want to breed in a 10g, you're going to need a fry solution--and fast!

In the sense that it can happen, yes.

I have a 10 gal tank with 1 male and 2 females, and the female just had babies.

I am planning on getting two more aquariums, and will use the fry to stock those.

I'm just curious; does I matter if I don't have the same male:female ratio that people recommend? I have 4 males ( I think) and one female. I was planning on getting some females from the store but they hardly ever have them at mine. Coincidently, my life science teacher had 2 females and a male guppy in a tank in her class room, and hey had babies. My teacher was letting kids take them home. But they had to have a note signed by a parent and a picture of our fish tank to pegs that we had the right stuff for it. So I took a female home. It is almost full grown now and I might be seeing babies soon. I hope the males don't fight over her lol

The ratio is 1 male per 2 females. 4 males in the tank is a bad idea. The female will be constantly harassed.

I will probably either have a fry net or set up a sump system for it and have the refugium be their, well refuge.

My male guppies are all okay together; but we do have a bigger tank. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom