Guppy Breeding Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So you cant put one month old fry with 2 or 3 month old? (I was going to put my 4-6 week olds in with some 8-16week olds. This would be my grow out tanks)

Artist said:
So you cant put one month old fry with 2 or 3 month old? (I was going to put my 4-6 week olds in with some 8-16week olds. This would be my grow out tanks)

That should be okay... Just watch them for bullying, pecking, chasing...
I put my 2 wk olds with my 6 wk olds once and there was some chasing... Once they're a few weeks older they should be ok.. Just watch em. It's probably all individual.

It's strange because sometimes they will live harmoniously side by side whereas sometimes they will out compete and sometimes eat the smaller ones, especially once they are upward of two month

Well my plan is to put all the males together and I don't believe males have as big of mouths as females

*hyperventilating* my guppy just had her babies! I walked past the tank and saw one on the leaf, I put her in the breeder box and got 6 out of the tank. I think she's done and there's 11 in the box now! I hope I find more in the tank tomorrow and tonight!!! :D

How're cruellas babies coming along? Any pics yet?

My pics:

alia258 said:
*hyperventilating* my guppy just had her babies!

How're cruellas babies coming along? Any pics yet?

My pics:

Congrats!! :-D They're so cute!

No nothing with Cruella... I put her in the 29g for the day and will put her back in a bit...

I think mine had her babies because I did a 50% water change, at least she had them after I changed the water. Maybe you could try that? (btw my 50% water change was more of a 70% water change because I got very precise about sucking up stuff from the gravel)

alia258 said:
I think mine had her babies because I did a 50% water change, at least she had them after I changed the water. Maybe you could try that? (btw my 50% water change was more of a 70% water change because I got very precise about sucking up stuff from the gravel)

I do a 50- 75% PWC every other day. She's in the 10g with a heater and bubble stone. No filter, which is why I do the PWC's... I've tested water and Ammo & Nitrite are always at 0

Maybe if you use some RO water? You can make her think that it's just rained, and that might trigger her urge to give birth :)

I have read that doing a water changes can seen like rain to the fish

This is how I set up the fry for now, any objections? I hope that by the weekend I can make some small caves from polymer clay, that way they'll be a little more comfy in their box :)

I found another in the tank! Yay! But Noir hasn't lost her gravid spot yet, and she's not totally skinny yet, what's up with that? Is she still preggo?

Oh! I don't mean to steal the thread! I'm sorry! I was just so curious...anyway, try feeding cruella extra and turn up the heat and change a large amount of water with RO, and that might trigger her birth (so I've been told) :)

Hey I dont mind I like people posting there pics and what they know to this thread. I feel like this thread will help a lot of people with guppies.

Oh okay :) um well, is it possible that Noir is still holding fry? Here's a pic of her, she's back in the main tank.

She could just let her swim around for the night. If she is alot thinner in the morning start looking for fry.

Every day I do a check in my tanks to see if I have fry that I have missed.

Yeah that's my plan too. I hope she has more! And I think that I actually saved all the fry out of the tank at this current given moment. 12 is a pretty good number right? I have some news! I forget what they're called, but I think one might be the sub-species of guppy that naturally has a split tail (lyre-tail maybe?) and so I'm putting up pics, because the rest of the fry all have rounded tails. (I checked 6 times) so, here's the two pics:

View attachment 84018

View attachment 84019

View attachment 84020

View attachment 84021

View attachment 84023

View attachment 84025

View attachment 84024

View attachment 84022

alia258 said:
Oh! I don't mean to steal the thread! I'm sorry! I was just so curious...anyway, try feeding cruella extra and turn up the heat and change a large amount of water with RO, and that might trigger her birth (so I've been told) :)

This isn't ocminpin's thread either... It's Artist's

It may be a double sword tail. Only time will tell.

HEY I WANT EVERYONE TO POST AND GET HELP AND EVERYONE TO LEARN.

I started this just to ask questions and to keep dates and number and look its over 150 posts and tons of people read this to learn about guppies.

I dont mind people posting up pics of there fish- it helps me and helps them - I started breeding guppies a month ago I know a lot but I could still use all the help I can get.

Back
Top Bottom