Guppy Fry in Community Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bettababe1011 said:
Any money I get is going into my reef fund. My mom would have bought the guppies, but not another filter. She doesn't agree with my maintenance schedule. She thinks water changes kill fish. She would probably think another filter would too.

my mom thinks the same thing!!"! it drives me crazy ... she is allowing my sisters 4 common goldfish and common pleco die slowely in a 55g. because they refuse to do water changes.. I use to go there 2x a week and do 2-3 55% water changes
.. I missed a time and the water got cloudy so they blame me for the tank because I was doing so many water changes.. not realizing its because I missed a water change :( so sad

I think they'd be fine too. You only NEED to add four females, six would be better, yes, but at least if your females outnumber the males they aren't gonna be pursued relentlessly. Only problem is I don't think many fry would survive with danios and that many adults who will actively hunt them. you could give it a go and this way you won't be overrun with little ones!?

Lastly, if you want to choose a few of the prettier fry to keep, consider that it can take a couple of month for guppy fry to colour up and they can be upward of 2cm before getting colours in some cases.

Guppy fry and pretty good hiders though. Fast growing stem plants are great for them like pennywort, anacharis, and hornwort.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom