Guppy swimming tail heavy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nemokeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a female guppy who gave birth a few days ago and is having problems swimming. She doesn't have the flexability in her swim that she had before and she is tail heavy, swimming on a angle. She had babies a month and a half ago and 5 weeks later a second batch. She seemed really big for a long time. I thought she was ready a week before she gave birth. Could she have been damaged from the birthing? She was in a breeding trap also. Is this air bladder problems?

Water quality is good. "0" count N3 etc. She also has a bit of an arch or hump in her back. It almost seems that she has a problem with her spine. Is it possible for a fish to through their back out?

Anything's possible. One of my Bolivian rams has a kink in his spine, as he ages, the more noticeable it gets.
How is the fish doing today? Still swimming at an angle?

I don't think she is getting better, I think she is getting use to her handicap and is adjusting. She is not swimming on as much of an angle. She is eating and doing everything else normal. This guppy is large compared to most that I have seen. Perhaps she is just getting old. Thanks for input Menagerie.

Back
Top Bottom