guys need some HELP with new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angel11o

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
this morning i did my cycling which include nutrafin cycle, aqua plus and seachem stability

run the filter and heater which i think i perfectly done it without any designs or background just plain at it is

then aroun 11 pm i tested my ammonia and it reads 0.1 so im thinking maybe tom if im going to put all of them again i might get a zero result from ammonia test? isnt it?

then i can put some fish with some driftwoods i think

thanks

Attachments

• image-1985069541.jpg
    image-1985069541.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2250333719.jpg
    image-2250333719.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3559116032.jpg
    image-3559116032.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2672812156.jpg
    image-2672812156.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 113
Those chemicals you used typically do nothing for the cycle what-so-ever. +1 to James, just do a fishless cycle the right way and save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

so far i think what i've done with all the cycling parts is super amazing! i have no experience in taking care of fish but still lots of surfing and googling is the best way to reach ur goal and with the help of experienced guys like here in the forums

thank u thank u

Attachments

• image-3352641020.jpg
    image-3352641020.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3171020856.jpg
    image-3171020856.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 150
  • image-2028175026.jpg
    image-2028175026.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 148
  • image-2257455187.jpg
    image-2257455187.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image-588154699.jpg
    image-588154699.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 156
  • image-612506773.jpg
    image-612506773.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 141
Is it safe to keep bamboo plant inside the fish tank?!. Coz i have 2 bamboo plants. And if so, what are the conditions to keep?? Thank you.

All the walmart fish sections i've seen don't even have substrate and the only plants are in packages that probably won't sprout if you plant them. Sorry not trying to jack the thread. Oh and they have plastic ones. However the petco near me has a few plants not sure what all of them are but I bought an anuibus (not sure I spelled it right) there last week. Over priced of course.

rain87 said:
All the walmart fish sections i've seen don't even have substrate and the only plants are in packages that probably won't sprout if you plant them. Sorry not trying to jack the thread. Oh and they have plastic ones. However the petco near me has a few plants not sure what all of them are but I bought an anuibus (not sure I spelled it right) there last week. Over priced of course.

I was surprised by Walmarts selection. But like petco/petsmart, I'd never buy fish there.

i took it out coz it does smell something awful when trying to clean the tank, yah its better if the leaves wont submerged to the tank i guess but just decided to seperate the plant so i wont take it out next time i clean the tank hehe

walmart have fishes? we have walmart here but doesnt have fish section, im here in vancouver

Bottle bacteria are dead in the bottle!!!
That guy(who write the article) is able to test bacteria activity in his basement!!
You may believe what you want but if you can't prove, dont say!!
People Will believe your OPINION.

I did experiment on 2 bacteria product, and there was bacteria. I dont have the activity level because it takes to much equipement.

I did a cycle on a 90 gal. with bottle bacteria in 3 weeks, an with the same product, i did cycle a 25 gal. Within 10 days....

So the 5-6 weeks is not faster, sorry!!

It's never a must to use bottle bacteria, but it's faster and there is bacteria in those bottle!! (3 different in cycle, 5 in stability)

Always do fishless cycling!!!

angel11o said:
so far i think what i've done with all the cycling parts is super amazing! i have no experience in taking care of fish but still lots of surfing and googling is the best way to reach ur goal and with the help of experienced guys like here in the forums

thank u thank u

I still don't think that you've cycled your tank. Did you get a chance to read either of the links I added to the thread? If you aren't properly cycled, you'll kill your fish.

The nitrogen cycle is what people refer to when they talk about cycling an aquarium. You're not cycled until you have sufficient bacteria in your tank to convert all of your ammonia and nitrItes into nitrAtes.

What are your ammonia / nitrIte / nitrAte levels? How are you testing them? How often do you test them?

MonsterfishGuy said:
Lolololol
Bottle bacteria are dead in the bottle!!! Lololol
That Guy is able to test bacteria activity in his basement!!

What exactly are you referring to?

The concensus on the boards has always been that bacteria in a bottle doesn't add much benefit. Considering that the bacteria in the nitrogen cycle require oxygen and a food source to survive, I can see why.

What is getting oxygen to the bacteria in a bottle that sits on a shelf for months or even years? What food source in that bottle are they consuming to stay alive?

MonsterfishGuy said:
I did experiment on 2 bacteria product, and there was bacteria. I dont have the activity level because it takes to much equipement.

I did a cycle on a 90 gal. with bottle bacteria in 3 weeks, an with the same product, i did cycle a 25 gal. Within 10 days....

It's never a must to use bottle bacteria, but it's faster and there is bacteria in those bottle!! (3 different in cycle, 5 in stability)

What's interesting to me is you're doing the exact same thing that you accused others of. You state that "Lololol That Guy is able to test bacteria activity in his basement!!" But here, in your post, you're claiming that you tested bacteria activity in your basement, right?

Unless anyone has stuck the liquid from the bottle under a microscope and looked at it, they won't be 100% certain if there is or isn't. Short of doing that, all we have is "testing bacteria activity in our basement" by pouring it in while cycling to see if it speeds it up.

I tried a couple of different products, and they did nothing to speed up my cycles. Others have tried them with the same result.

If you tried it and think it worked, good for you! Go ahead and use the stuff. But don't come on the boards mocking others that have had no success using those products.

The consensus on these forums is that bacteria in a bottle doesn't work. If you can provide concrete evidence to suggest otherwise, let us see it. Otherwise, agree to disagree.

The concensus on the boards has always been that bacteria in a bottle doesn't add much benefit. Considering that the bacteria in the nitrogen cycle require oxygen and a food source to survive, I can see why.

What is getting oxygen to the bacteria in a bottle that sits on a shelf for months or even years? What food source in that bottle are they consuming to stay alive?

The only exception I can reference is that one of my LFS keeps a bacteria in a bottle refrigerated so they stay dormant until it's used. Whether that particular product actually works or not I can't say, but I tried some other stuff years ago and it did zip IMO.

+1 on NOT mocking. Agree/disagree, or agree to disagree, but childish behavior really doesn't have a place at AA IMO.

MonsterfishGuy said:
Lolololol
Bottle bacteria are dead in the bottle!!! Lololol
That Guy is able to test bacteria activity in his basement!!

are u in the right thread when u replied on this? for sure? 

James_in_MN said:
I still don't think that you've cycled your tank. Did you get a chance to read either of the links I added to the thread? If you aren't properly cycled, you'll kill your fish.

The nitrogen cycle is what people refer to when they talk about cycling an aquarium. You're not cycled until you have sufficient bacteria in your tank to convert all of your ammonia and nitrItes into nitrAtes.

What are your ammonia / nitrIte / nitrAte levels? How are you testing them? How often do you test them?

hi, i took the test and i think im on the right track, i used a filter that been used before from other tanks so i think there's still good bacteria in it,

so far what confuses me is that my pleco died last night and i dont know what happen after few weeks im just guessing that he cant find any algae thats why, but the rest of the fish are doing okay

James_in_MN said:

What's interesting to me is you're doing the exact same thing that you accused others of. You state that "Lololol That Guy is able to test bacteria activity in his basement!!" But here, in your post, you're claiming that you tested bacteria activity in your basement, right?

Unless anyone has stuck the liquid from the bottle under a microscope and looked at it, they won't be 100% certain if there is or isn't. Short of doing that, all we have is "testing bacteria activity in our basement" by pouring it in while cycling to see if it speeds it up.

I tried a couple of different products, and they did nothing to speed up my cycles. Others have tried them with the same result.

If you tried it and think it worked, good for you! Go ahead and use the stuff. But don't come on the boards mocking others that have had no success using those products.

The consensus on these forums is that bacteria in a bottle doesn't work. If you can provide concrete evidence to suggest otherwise, let us see it. Otherwise, agree to disagree.

mmmmm whats happening here? bottle bacteria? and for that guy i think he's on the wrong thread when he replied on this thread?

and for him to mock maybe he knows everything

Mr. Limpet said:
The only exception I can reference is that one of my LFS keeps a bacteria in a bottle refrigerated so they stay dormant until it's used. Whether that particular product actually works or not I can't say, but I tried some other stuff years ago and it did zip IMO.

+1 on mocking. Agree/disagree, or agree to disagree, but childish behavior really doesn't have a place at AA IMO.

hi sir limpet, yup AGREE is a childish behavior or somewhat a typical BULLY but i guess have this way of doing it because they just know what their doing and thats the way they live

Back
Top Bottom