Habrosus cories and Wrestling halfbeaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got 5 Habrosus cories today. I ordered them from ebay. They look great, and are nice and husky! But... they're only half an inch long, and I am receiving three Wrestling halfbeaks tomorrow. Any chance the halfbeaks will, or will try to eat them?

I got 5 Habrosus cories today. I ordered them from ebay. They look great, and are nice and husky! But... they're only half an inch long, and I am receiving three Wrestling halfbeaks tomorrow. Any chance the halfbeaks will, or will try to eat them?

Dermogenys Pusilla (wrestling halfbeak) with those corydoras habrosus should be just fine. Are you keeping a freshwater or Brakish tank?

Where did you get the halfbeaks?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Where did you get the halfbeaks?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think homer is going after the captive bred/wild discussion here. I didnt even think of that! Thanks homer! Captive bred will be better towards other fish than wild id have to assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And habrosus have potent venom for their size. If you ever net them, watch your hands. The eye spine can hurt a LOT !!

But I love mine. ❤️
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422426049.145194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got them from someone on ebay. Don't know if I can mention their name on here. Sure am happy with how healthy they are though! And yes, I read about their spines! When I put them in the tank (after acclimating) I poured all the water out of the bowl they were in, and slid them right into the tank. That way none of the water in the bag went in, and I didn't have to touch them and risk getting stuck!

wow i have those cories and i didnt know about the spines. that is good to know.

Back
Top Bottom