Had filter pad wrong way round driving cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cezwesty1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm currently cycling my tank ready for axolotl and it seemed to be taking a while I noticed today the pad in my filter was the wrong way round. Would this have been effecting the tank cycle.

What do you mean by filter pad? Do you mean a cartridge or a piece of sponge pad?

On the face of it no, putting filter media the wrong way round shouldnt affect your cycle. Depends what the filter media is though. Obviously a filter is designed to work in a particular order so it better to have it set up correctly, but many people have filters set up differently to others without too much issue.

Could you give some more details on what you are doing to cycle the tank? How long have you been going? What stage are you stuck at? Perhaps we can see something wrong with what you are doing, or reassure you that everything is good and just needs more time.

It's a soft pad with one rough side one much smoother side that goes inside the filter from the top

Back
Top Bottom