Had our first fish die. : (

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmye4fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Our royal gramma somehow got sucked into the power head. Poor little guy. Hop he didn't suffer too much. Does this happen often?

Chances are if the fish got sucked into the powerhead it was sick and weak to begin with.

I'd agree with puffer here.

I would be concerned as to what may have caused it to become weak in the first place. Any aggression in the tank? Any signs of stressed fish? Nitrites, Ammonia and Nitrates all stable?

The water tested great 2 days prior. The few fish I have in there I've never seen any aggression. The other fish all seem to be normal. I will retest the water tomorrow. Thanks!

I'm sorry! what a bummer. I had a cleaner shrimp I really liked get sucked into my overflow and he was stuck in the sock for too long.. So sad!!

I miss him he would jump on my hand and start trimming my cuticles all carefully. My new cleaner shrimp I just got is still shy, and when I bought her she was berried with eggs, which sadly are near im[possible to raise after researching, man I was so excited..

This is a rewarding hobby, and many friends survive so keep at it!

Thanks for the encouraging words! I have already replaced the royal gramma before our 4 year old figured out it was gone. Building a new canopy starting tomorrow to house my two new TaoTronic lights. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom