Hair algae? and how to rid of this if it is or is not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are you dosing for ferts? how is your co2? how is your water circulation? can you see all of your plants swaying? are there dead spots that arent getting any circulation at all?

I had a little bit of hair algae about a month ago, and I just wrapped it around my fingers and pulled it out, it never came back. Maybe you can get the bulk of it out that way?

I had a little bit of hair algae about a month ago, and I just wrapped it around my fingers and pulled it out, it never came back. Maybe you can get the bulk of it out that way?

+1

I plucked all that I could out, did a 50% water change (using the gravel cleaner to suck up any I might have missed) while scrubbing with a toothbrush (bought just for the tank) then dosed with Excel and Iron during the refill. Never grew back.

definitely check into your nutrient/co2 deficiencies before adding anything specific to the tank. What caused an imbalance in one tank may not be the cause for imbalance in another.

Back
Top Bottom