Hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigdon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. My tank is now 4 months old and I have all of a sudden had an outbreak of hair algae and diatoms my params are ph 8.4 ammonia 0 trates 0 and trites 0 salinity 1.23 I have just changed from t8s to t5s and it has appeared. Help please

How long do you run your lights? Do you test for phosphates? How much do you feed and how often? I am pretty sure all of us have battled hair algae - I cured mine with reduced feeding, reduced light cycle and manually pulling it out with increased water changes.

the first thing i would do is check for phosphates and also what source is the water you use to make the saltwater do you use ro/di?

I'm changing to rodi tomorrow and doing 3 day blackout and a lot less feeding I will also reduce my light times and try and clean my rocks of it

I'm changing to rodi tomorrow and doing 3 day blackout and a lot less feeding I will also reduce my light times and try and clean my rocks of it

Good all that over time and it will go away

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom