Half way through?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dosed up ammonia close to 2 ppm early afternoon, now 5pm. Ammonia and NO2 coming down some in that short of time. Will check tomorrow morning and see if ammonia and nitrite are 0. I'll just have to wait and see. Shouldn't be to long now. Here is the water now:

Attachments

• image-1613128624.jpg
    image-1613128624.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 57
JimmyA said:
Dosed up ammonia close to 2 ppm early afternoon, now 5pm. Ammonia and NO2 coming down some in that short of time. Will check tomorrow morning and see if ammonia and nitrite are 0. I'll just have to wait and see. Shouldn't be to long now. Here is the water now:

Awesome! If the nitrIte is coming down on it's own...you're in the home stretch. I'll be excited to hear what happens tomorrow!

Thanks, BTW, I ordered a DIY kit from AH Supply for my light. Moving from 18 watts to 55 watts with a 5600 k light so I can get some decent light for my plants!

Do I need to add anything to my tank before I add fish?

Stress coat or AquaSafe...I have not put anything in the water besides ammonia.

JimmyA said:
Stress coat or AquaSafe...I have not put anything in the water besides ammonia.

Are you on a well? If you are on city water you should have been using a dechlorinator like Seachem Prime this entire time. Even if you have well water, it's still a good idea to use water conditioner to deal with heavy metals.

Remember that even if your ammo and no2 drop to zero tomorrow, it's still a good idea to test a couple more days and make sure it can convert at least 3ppm ammonia > no2 > no3 in 24 hours. Then you have to do your big pwc to get nitrAtes below 20 before adding fish.

Well, I did put in some liquid plant fertilizer.

Oh, I have some Top Fin water conditioner! I will add that.

Well, I am not cycled yet, will just have to wait longer. Now on day 22.

Well, I dosed up to 4 ppm ammonia this morning. Here are my colors this evening. I am not doing another water change tonight. Ammonia has come down, can't say that for NO2.

Attachments

• image-272540414.jpg
    image-272540414.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 74
JimmyA said:
Kinda frustrated with my cycle!

You shouldn't be, it just takes patience. Everything is going according to plan. How many days has it been 20 something? In reality...you're exactly on schedule if not faster than normal.

Thanks that you are around to give me some confidence! I'll stick with it!

Back
Top Bottom