Half way through?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here ya go. It's super easy and it's the best way to introduce your fish into their new home :)

- Float bag (the one the fish are in, lol) for ~15 mins to match temperature (probably unnecessary)

- Place fish and bag water in a clean pitcher (also inside bucket to catch overflow)

- Use a piece of air line tubing and start a siphon from your tank into the pitcher (just suck on the end), then tie a couple knots in the tube limiting water flow so there's a slow but steady drip, drip, drip

- Go watch TV for a while

- Let the pitcher fill, dump out half the water than repeat

- More TV :)

- Once the pitcher fills the second time, I net the fish (pitcher comes in handy) and place him in the tank. Don't let the store water get into your tank!

Great information and easy directions, thanks Eco!

Thanks Libraygirl ! I appreciate your compliments regarding the cycling of my tank! I hope yours is coming along fine.

I don't know if I completely understand the drip acclimation. It seems that you would be doing dilution with the lfs water but NOT get rid of all the lfs water. You have your tank water dripping into the lfs water, which will dilute it but not completely eliminate the lfs water?

Thanks Libraygirl ! I appreciate your compliments regarding the cycling of my tank! I hope yours is coming along fine.

I don't know if I completely understand the drip acclimation. It seems that you would be doing dilution with the lfs water but NOT get rid of all the lfs water. You have your tank water dripping into the lfs water, which will dilute it but not completely eliminate the lfs water?

Correct. Getting your water to mix slowly with the LFS water via the drip method theoretically makes the transition easier on the fish when the time comes to tank them. You can add small amounts of water to the lfs water with a cup, but the point of the drip method is to add your water gradually and continuously. When you're done, net the fish out, or (my favorite method) strain the old water through a net into a bucket to catch your fish and release them into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom