Hang on tank fuge size????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billy302

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm considering getting a hang on tank refugium for my 55 Gal. What is a large enough size to support a 55?

Thanks !!!!!
Bill

any size works...but the bigger, the more of an effect it'll have.

I have the CPR-medium hang on fuge, about 4.5gallons, on my 40gallon breeder. I never have any nitrates or phosphates. All I have in the fuge is a little sand, some LR rubble, and a wad of Chaetomorpha. Over it I have a little Coralife fixture that has 2x9watt PC tubes, one daylight, one actinic.

I also aggressively skim the tank.

I too am thinking of getting an CPR Aquafuge.

I am concerned about light on the Aquafuge. Do people leave them on all the time? Does it cast light into the tank at night? I have heard that having a the lights off can cause Chaeto to reproduce and have weeds all though your main tank.

I am just in the early looking stages now. I don't have a nitrate or phosphate problem...yet...but I am looking into options if I do have problems.

WC

It does cast light ino the main. So I just run mine along with the mian. Can't do the opposite lighting schedule thing. I still enjoy having the macro algae and pods living in there.

Heck, why wait until phosphate problems. I think they're good to have anyway. More life.

Back
Top Bottom