happy fishies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris127

Aquarium Advice Activist
What are some fish that would feel like they have tons of space in a 20G high? i HATE the idea of cramping a fish. im moving my tetras and barbs to a 40G for that reason and need to start over

kudos to you for not wanting to squeeze your fish. :)

neons or other small tetras would be great. guppies are also small. i have a 20-gallon with neons, tequila sunrise guppies, and albino pristella tetras. very colorful, and they all seem to enjoy the space.

i think im gonna do an asian themed tank with some mosses hygro and harlies. always wanted to do that :) is 8 harlies too many??

If you wanted even more fish, you could switch from the Harlequin Rasboras (that is what you mean by harlies, correct?) to one of the Micro Rasbora varieties.

i would but none of my LFS carry them. petco sometimes, but i dont trust their fish.. i'll look into it though. thanks :)

Don't forget that many LFS are willing to special order in fish if you ask them. Most LFS only order in a small fraction of what is available to order since they don't want to stock something that is less likely for them to be able to sell.

If you're willing to order online, Frank's Aquarium has several varieties of micro rasboras available.

Back
Top Bottom