Happy Thanksgiving,..+ a tank shot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These crayfish would do well in water parameters that suit shrimp. They are peaceful too, so they could be in a community with shrimp. By the way, do you find that your Rotala macrandra is hard to care for? I like its red coloration, and I think a plant like that would make a nice focal point in my Asian tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Be careful mixing crayfish and shrimp. I watched a dwarf Cray stalk shrimp in a tank at a store. Crays are predatory. Shrimp can usually get away, but I kept mine separately.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Be careful mixing crayfish and shrimp. I watched a dwarf Cray stalk shrimp in a tank at a store. Crays are predatory. Shrimp can usually get away, but I kept mine separately.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh yeah! I wasn't thinking about the smaller shrimps. I think the Orange Dwarf Crays would do fine with Amano Shrimp and Bamboo Shrimp, but maybe not other smaller shrimp.

These crayfish would do well in water parameters that suit shrimp. They are peaceful too, so they could be in a community with shrimp. By the way, do you find that your Rotala macrandra is hard to care for? I like its red coloration, and I think a plant like that would make a nice focal point in my Asian tank.

Good deal on the params..more curious than anyting. About the Macrandra..it does pretty well for me. Keep in mind I have 2 ecoxotics and 1 sat plus. I really pump the co2 to it and I am real liberal with my ferts..I seem to have found a good balance. I think the more plants you have the easier it is to take care of it as a whole.

This thread has not been updated since last year!
Regarding Limnophilia, after trimming it, how long does it generally take:
1. For then trimmed stem to develop roots?
2. For the "base" plant to develop new growth on top?
It's only been about 3 days for me and I'm guessing the answer is about 1-2 weeks for both questions. Does that sound right?

Back
Top Bottom