Hard Coral Identification Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Won these two frags at my reef club meeting last night. I think they said one was a staghorn but totally forgot what the other is. LOL

Both are hard corals, even the scroll looking one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

img_1940428_0_e6fdb41f4eec6ca0f7381eefbd200ad1.jpg

img_1940428_1_66de47342ad72194365a7653727d9c3a.jpg

img_1940428_2_5a48a6e63d955fd2821bfb369c4963ab.jpg

Thanks redsea! I spent $20 on raffle tickets and won like $100 worth of stuff! LOL

Not sure what they are but they are pretty neat. the green one is very very neon green, doesnt even need blue lights to look awesome. hehe.. the scroll thing is hard but has a ton of fuzzy type stuff on it, not sure if thats tentacles or what.

I'm still really new with SPS so not sure exactly what i ended up with.

Sounds awesome! I think that it is a GREAT value to join a reef club. For me, it is $20.00 to join, but there are always raffles, AND we get discounts at some LFS'. :)

Are these guys in the 125g?

SPS seem quite hard to ID until it gets going a little and it starts to branch and grow its coralites a little more defined. It's nicely based out so I'd expect it to start growing up quite rapidly in favourable conditions. I don't know if it's a slimer or not, maybe setosa or nobilis, could be a hoeksemai, I also have a nice loripes that started very similar looking.

You can touch it and if it gets overly slimy almost immediately, it's a slimer. The center pic is a pavona.

Thanks guys, and thank you Mr X. :-D

I had seen larger pavona';s and they were on my list of wanna gets so I guess I got it covered now. lol

From my research on these they require high light and high flow....is this correct? I have them both on a frag rack about 3/4 of the way up until I figure out where I wanna glue them.

Sound good ? Or should I start them on the bottom?

Ok X, I will be moving them down today when i do my water change.

thanks so much. You rock, but you already know that don't cha? LOL

Back
Top Bottom