Harlequin Rasbora lost colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jen54

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 6 harleqins and one has always been a bit smaller than the others, but now he looks decidedly thin and his lovely orange and black markings are so faded that you can hardly see any colour. Can I do anything to help other than wait and see?
img_2707424_0_d51480df04b37011a6fc22808d508d73.jpg

Hi, lovely fish - the only time I have lost one is when it jumped out. Just wondering if anything has changed in the tank (eg scare, big water change) or fish (bullying) that might be a factor?

Hi, lovely fish - the only time I have lost one is when it jumped out. Just wondering if anything has changed in the tank (eg scare, big water change) or fish (bullying) that might be a factor?

I did do a big water change when I came back from holiday, but it's a community tank and all the other fish are o.k. He doesn't seem to be very interested in food though.

I did do a big water change when I came back from holiday, but it's a community tank and all the other fish are o.k. He doesn't seem to be very interested in food though.

This is just IMO. If he is still in the school or looks fairly alert or you think it might have started after some big water change or one off event, then I would leave him and see if he comes good but have the QT tank good to go in case for a turn for the worse, you can see anything abnormal or he is getting bullied. Bit puzzling, I've never noticed any problems either on water changes up to 50%. Are water specs ok? I've had one jump out from 6 foot, get put back in the floating fry trap for observation and been fine.

Back
Top Bottom