Harlequin Rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta_Ruby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section. Question, are Harlequin Rasboras good tank mates for one male Betta. Quick info: the betta is housed in a 10 gallon, heated & filter tank. Thanks in advance for any info. ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have my Betta in a 20 gallon tank with 5 rasbora, 10 neons, and 3 corys with no problems at all. :) it depends on the personality of the betta. Just keep a watchful eye on them. Welcome to the forum by the way!

Attachments

• 20160707_192048.jpg
    20160707_192048.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 62
What temperature do u keep your tank ? My Betta loves it at 80°. Will the rasbora be ok at that temp?

My tank is usually between 76° and 80° but most times it averages 78° and they all seem to be okay. Elliott is my new betta and before I let him loose in the tank, I floated him in his cup that he came in from the store. I gradually acclimated the water, adding a little at a time longer than you probably would (about an hour)until he was basically in the same water as the tank. He was chasing the other fish thru the plastic of the cup at first so I kept him in the cup floating in the tank overnight. He was fine the next morning and wasn't paying any attention to the other fish at all. I think it helped everybody get used to each other that way and I've had no problems at all since then. My other betta has been in his own tank alone for years and it was supposed to be his 20g, but I didn't trust him not to kill the other fish. He's already killed one of the smaller mystery snails I put in the tank with him to help keep it cleaner. He's been king too long I guess. :rolleyes: hope this helps! :)

It has, thanks, I appreciate it.

How do you know if you can add another fish (or snail or whatever) in with your betta? It is just trial and error? I have one in a 5 gallon tank and would like to add in a snail to help keep things tidy....

That's pretty much it, my betta Ruby is in a 10 g tank by himself, and I was going to buy the Rasboras but change my mind, due in part that I dont want Ruby to be stressed or aggressive towards the Rasboras. Better safe the sorry I guess.

I have my Betta in a 20 gallon tank with 5 rasbora, 10 neons, and 3 corys with no problems at all. :) it depends on the personality of the betta. Just keep a watchful eye on them. Welcome to the forum by the way!

Thank you ☺

As long as the fish do not have long colorful fins and are faster than the betta, then got should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Harlequin Rasboras like the temperature to be in the mid-seventies. I'd advise against putting them in an 80 degree tank. The Betta will do fine with a temperature in the mid-seventies.

Edit: Lambchop Rasboras are a smaller option

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Harlequin Rasboras like the temperature to be in the mid-seventies. I'd advise against putting them in an 80 degree tank. The Betta will do fine with a temperature in the mid-seventies.

Edit: Lambchop Rasboras are a smaller option

My betta is very active and seems happy with the temps between 79° and 80°. Should I be concerned with my temps being high? Or does it depend on the Betta?

My betta is very active and seems happy with the temps between 79° and 80°. Should I be concerned with my temps being high? Or does it depend on the Betta?

That should be fine. I was mainly referring to the rasboras, as they like cooler temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom