harlequin shrimp problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed mine chocolate stars all time. What made you think it was hungry? If its not it pass it up. I've had to take them out a few times. Now it's only when I see the shrimp that I'll feed.

Try and move the star closer and see if it grabs it. They like to to hunt. Don't be surprised if its just toying with it. I know it doesn't help the concern with corals.

Convict2161 said:
I feed mine chocolate stars all time. What made you think it was hungry? If its not it pass it up. I've had to take them out a few times. Now it's only when I see the shrimp that I'll feed.

Try and move the star closer and see if it grabs it. They like to to hunt. Don't be surprised if its just toying with it. I know it doesn't help the concern with corals.

Well i just bought it from my lfs and they said to take a chocolate star also. Im guessing it's not hungry.. what should i do with the sea star?

Can you take it out and put it in small Tupperware container or freeze it? I always keep a few in the back chamber of my bio cube.

Convict2161 said:
Can you take it out and put it in small Tupperware container or freeze it? I always keep a few in the back chamber of my bio cube.

Im down to freeze it lol. Will it still be good to feed later? Wouldn't that be kind if cruel aha

Back
Top Bottom