Have you ever lost a fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a betta that I noticed missing so one day when I was cleaning the tank and I picked up the filter (was under gravel) and by betta came swimming out

Those under gravel filters were notorious for missing fish incidents! I had one years ago and always has smaller fish go missing, then reappear magically. I never did figure out how they got under there, but they did. I once found a kuhli loach swimming around in the lift tube. My best missing fish story happened when I was just a little kid. I had wild guppies and one day while cleaning their little 5 gallon tank, one big pregnant female went missing. I was frantic! My mom made me stop looking for her because we had to leave for a few hours. When I got home, I resumed my search and found her in the garbage next to the sink--she had landed perfectly on the plastic wrapper from a toilet paper package. Still alive, I put her back in the tank and she lived for another year!

Long way back and not fish but I kept FW crayfish for a bit in the garage. Used bricks with holes so they had plenty of hidey holes. One week I must of had the bricks too close to the glass as they decamped! Found some on garage floor, rest turned up dead weeks later when shifting stuff. Wasn't very popular :(

I've had Fiddler Crabs escape from tanks a long time ago. One time I found one in my kitchen. I guess he wanted to be dinner ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom