Having trouble feeding my fish with red eye tetras around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
Every time i throw in the flakes my 6 red eye Tetra eat everything before the other fish can even swim to the top. I put some on 2 diferent parts of the tank si everyody can get but they smell it all across the tank. What can i do? Its a 80 gal tropical and i feed twice a day héres a pic. Please helpImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403067615.177112.jpg

I drop sinking cichlid pallets or an algea wafer for my goramis to pick at incase the rasboras eat all the flakes (it does happen often), it's fun to watch the gorami fight off a 1/4 inch baby shrimp for fallen flakes or the wafers. You'd think he would just eat the shrimp but the shrimp pokes him in the belly and the gorami runs to hide in his drift wood.

Get something that's too big for them to put in their mouth. I have Cichlid pellets that a group of five tetras will cluster around and pull apart, letting the other fish pluck at the other food. I have a problem with greedy pearl danios that will try to squeeze three of the pellets in their mouth. They gag on them, eventually popping one or two out for my other fish to snag and pull apart.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom