Heater in HOB skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75g tank with Remora Pro skimmer. My question is can I put my 300w heater in the skimmer? If so, do I need to set it at a higer temp to maintain the tank temp?
Thanks!

Well I was looking at it and it looks like the water that returns to the tank has it's own channel or partition in the skimmer. I don't have any water in my tank yet so I don't know exactly how it works - I'm just trying to eliminate some of the gadgets hanging in back.

if you are really trying to hide all the aux equipment, you may want to think about using a sump.

or, if you are creative in your aquascaping you can probably hide a lot of it behind rocks... thats mu plan, since i wont have a sump... well not at first anyway.

~mike

I run all my tanks this way. It is totally OK to put the heater in the skimmer.Just put the heater in thee and pull the power cord through the water outlet hole and it will work great.

I took the biobale out of my cpr bakpak skimmer and placed my heater in that compartment. The water flow around the heater actually helps to distribute the heated water more evenly IMO. My nitrates went down after removing the biobale.

Back
Top Bottom