Heater Q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ninjachick143

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I recently put a heater in my tank and I've noticed above the water that it looks a bit humid. For example just a lil bit foggy Idk if that's normal or if it's too warm, help.

Do you know the actual temperature of the tank?
I always put a glass thermometer in the tank, even when the heater has one included because I was told in post here heaters were sometimes off a few degrees from where you set them.
They're usually 2-3 dollars at lfs, make good insurance against cooked fish.

Sent from my N9130 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Idk the actual temperature and thanks I'll have to get a thermometer then too make sure. The fish look fine tho & I'm using a submersible heater that has a green/orange light if that helps.

They're probably fine, what kind of cover/hood do you have?
A cover on tropical aquariums help to control evaporation, and sometimes the air between the water and cover is very humid giving the impression that it could be too hot.
I use glass tops (versa top or perfecto are two of the brand's), but the black hoods are ok also as is having a topless tank, as long as your fish aren't jumpers.

Sent from my N9130 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a black hood with a light. And yes I've got jumpers lol 2 lil African dwarf frogs lol thank you so much for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom