Heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquadan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking to get the heater for my 40 breeder with 40 breeder sump and I'd like to know if I should get a 150 watt or 200 watt. I'm looking at the eheim jäger trutemp from brs. I'm not sure if I should get one slightly larger than I need or not. Thanks

I'm looking to get the heater for my 40 breeder with 40 breeder sump and I'd like to know if I should get a 150 watt or 200 watt. I'm looking at the eheim jäger trutemp from brs. I'm not sure if I should get one slightly larger than I need or not. Thanks
You probably want at least 200W since the total volume to heat will be 80 gallons. I use 300W heater for water changes and it's rated for up to 75 gallons. I heard great things about Eheim and use it on my 8 gallon quarantine. I am not a fan. The model that I have needs to be calibrated too often and almost always overheats the aquarium. I wish I went with Fluval or Hydor. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the input. I'm figuring my sump will hold 25 gal, so I'm figuring heating 65 total gals. I'm open to advice on which type to get. I was just going off online reviews.

Back
Top Bottom