Hello and advice welcome ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddmann

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, I'm a newb to aquariums so lemme tell ya my set up. I have a 55 gallon planted tank that's been goin on for about 2 1/2 months, added 3 mollies first then2 gold gourami (wish I had this site first) one gourami bullies the other a bit but they seem ok. Added 2 Chinese algae eaters then just today 6 tiger barbs and 1 Senegal Bircher. Well should've researched the birchir first but I went to get the barbs and seen him, he just looked too cool lol. My question is, when he gets bigger are my barbs going to be fish food?

I don't know the answer to your actual question, and I apologize, but let me point out something about your CAE. They grow pretty large, I don't remember how large though, and get very aggressive as they age.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Like you, I'm new to fish keeping too so I cant answer your questions, but welcome to AA :D Everyone on here is super friendly and understanding to us newbies and they really help out, so as long as you follow their advice, your fishies will be in good hands and you will learn so much =D

Yea bichir my bad, I've read alot of they'll be alrights and they won't bes

Another question from a newb ;)

How long will it take my bichir to get big enough to eat the other fish, I would like to keep him if I can get a tank and cycle it( which I'm sure I'd have ample time to do) but it'd be nice to know a rough estimate

Back
Top Bottom