Hello from California!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably going to squeeze them out, I didn't do that before putting them into the new tank from the glass of water I had them in.

Thanks for the tip, they've been rolling a bunch due to circulation, and I just went and washed them out under the sink and now they float in my tank. One is caught in java moss which looks neat haha

Is there any down side to them being in the java moss? Most got caught into it and they're stuck there, so if they're ok, I kind of like the look of it.

Java moss is sticky. Moss will swallow them. Move them away from moss

Just did, no problems, they're starting to look better, still a bit light, but I think they just need some time.

After doing some research into removing rock wool last night and getting a tip about using paperclips to help root floating grasses, I did just that! I replanted the java ferns to some rocks using some clear fishing line, and planted the micro swords into the stratum using some paperclips. Looking much better today.

Attachments

• 1487542517657611104853.jpg
    1487542517657611104853.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 30
I'm in CA also. Welcome. Where approx do you live ? I'm in the San Francisco East Bay.

We do have strict laws but I've had plenty of plants shipped to me from other hobbyists here in CA.

I'm a member of San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plant Society. The oldest and largest in the US ( AFAIK). Many of our members grow some awesome plants and some breed Shrimp.

Also some members on here sell or trade plants etc...

Back
Top Bottom