Hello From Georgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:wave:

Hello! My name is Jessica and I'm from North/East-ish Georgia :cool:. I like to call myself a forum-aholic. I am always on a forum (usually about animals :)).

I do love fish (obviously) as well as Disney and pugs. My love of fish and fish keeping actually spawned when I worked at PetSmart a few years ago right as I was graduating from High School. I could say some negative things...but let's just stick to the positive. :D Honestly, I learned a lot of what I know not from PetSmart themselves, but because I would always grab an animal-care book of some sort to read during my breaks. I was kind of surprised that none of the basic stuff had been taught to me to teach to customers, so I took it upon myself to try to educate people. Though I didn't love working retail, I'm so glad my work there got me into the fish hobby.

Being a college student, the only tank I have right now is my 5.5 gallon. It's actually just now finishing up it's fish-less cycle, so I will post some pictures, but there is no fish currently in it. ;) I'm hoping to pick up my little guy this weekend.

I think this was literally taken a day or so after set-up. I've changed it around a little, but I'm actually on vacation now so I can't snap another picture until later. I added a rock and some driftwood I picked up from my LFS as well as a heater.

I chose to do a small 5.5 gallon Betta tank instead of a larger community tank just because I feel so bad for the little guys and gals. :( I can't stand how misunderstood they are and wish I could free them all from their little cups... I can't do that, but at least I can help one!

Welcome to the forum! I grew up in north Georgia - Dahlonegah then Cumming. Been in Louisiana for about 13 years now, though. That tank looks like it will make a nice home for a betta. Just be careful - those things are addictive! I have 10 plus betta fry now, and I am picking up a second spawning tank and some more grow outs today!

Back
Top Bottom