Hello from Kentucky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Msradell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a new member who just joined today. I've had a 30 gallon freshwater aquarium for about 6 years. I used to have a bunch of cichlids but my wife and I both got tired of seeing the bloodshed and collecting the bodies. :brows: It's now a peace tank with a variety of peaceful community fish. A couple of Cory's, a Pleco, etc. I'm presently using a Emperor 280 filter for filtration.

I recently had a major bacteria bloom which I think was caused by my wife overfeeding but I'm not quite sure. Every test parameter looked perfect but the water turned extremely cloudy/milky. Because of my problems I been doing a lot more research than I ever have on aquarium's and their chemistry.

Unfortunately, a few years ago I became seriously ill and now disabled and confined to a wheelchair so I have a lot of time to do research.

Welcome to AA! We're glad you found us. :)

Cloudy water would be caused by over feeding I would do a 50% wc than a 25% than next day. Also I wouldn't feed them the first day. Wait another 2 days and see if the water clears

I've actually got the cloudiness under control now, I'm just looking at other options for setting up my filtration to have it work better. I've actually posted a thread over the filtration system asking about this.

Back
Top Bottom