Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B0105

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I mentioned this before but i thought i would ask again because my electric green barb seems to be getting worse.

I'm not sure what is wrong with him. He darts around the tank like mad. He constantly is rubbing against the glass of the tank. I'm worried he maybe losing his eyesight. I don't see anything physically wrong with the eyes or his body. Colors seems fine.

Until recently he had been eating fine but now he seems confused and can't locate the food.

What should I do?

Just for more info, he is in a 20 gallon tank with 1 other barb and a few guppies. I do 20% water changes once a week. I also vacuum te gravel once a week

Maybe he is showing signs of ich?? My betta female used to do this for no reason, she rubbed her body agains the glass, filter, ornaments like crazy.!!! ... And then I noticed white spots on her..

Well I don't think there's something wrong with his eyes... But u never know.. If its not ich then I have no idea why he is acting like that..

Well I don't think there's something wrong with his eyes... But u never know.. If its not ich then I have no idea why he is acting like that..

Thanks for the response. I'll keep a look out for any changes in color but nothing so far. I'm worried more now coz he isn't eating coz he can't find the food and he may stress himself out by swimming so crazily all the time

I just noticed the other barb in the tank bullying the sick one. Could this be the problem? They used to coexist fine until recently......

Thanks for the response. I'll keep a look out for any changes in color but nothing so far. I'm worried more now coz he isn't eating coz he can't find the food and he may stress himself out by swimming so crazily all the time

Yes I understand..... And it is stressful to you too.. Because when my fishy gets sick I get so stressed out.!!! And I do get stressed out with any other animal too... I'm sorry to hear your fishy is sick. It makes me feel so sad... :( if anything happens let me know.... :)

I just noticed the other barb in the tank bullying the sick one. Could this be the problem? They used to coexist fine until recently......

Well don't let him bully the sick one.. This may stress the sick fish and he would die.. :( do u have another tank to put him in?

Have a look through this pic and see if you can find anything like that on your fish :)

I don't see anything like those. The only possibility is the hole in the head but its only 1, really shallow,and I only saw it coz he turned a certain angle. It's barely visible so I'm not sure

Back
Top Bottom