Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UntimelyLord

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there, I never introduced myself! I'm just a person who is interested in animal science and also science fiction. I've been keeping aquariums for five years and I always have fun learning more! Recently I've been learning more about planted tanks, and I've been browsing a lot here reading about it. I'm the type of person who rarely does things without plenty of research!

Welcome to AA. I see your into entemology. Thats neat. Dont see it every day. Its my day job lol

Welcome to AA. I see your into entemology. Thats neat. Dont see it every day. Its my day job lol
Oh cool! Sounds like it'd be an interesting occupation! Of course some say that doing something you love for a job makes it less interesting.
Yeah, I'm always raising wild butterflies and moths in my yard. Mason bees, too, and various other critters. I'm fascinated by the science aspect. I've seen diving beetles kept in planted aquariums at museums, I wonder how that would work in a small home aquarium. Might be something I'll have to look into.

Mason bees are incredible. If your not aware there are great youtube videos on making houses for them with wood and drinking straws.

Yeah! I'm using skinny bamboo sticks that are hollow; that way I can break them open at the end of the season and wash off any moldy cocoons. Straws are a good easy option too! I've heard paper straws work best if you can find them. YouTube can be an awesome resource!

Back
Top Bottom