Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All
I bought a 36 Gallon Fresh Water Tank, I was adviced to get four fish. Which was Aggressive fish. Oscar, Cichlid, Servium, Convict.
Ill be honest I didnt research these fish. I bought them and its been a week. I don't really know what I am doing.
I need to change the water and I am hoping for advice. the best way to change its water and how to set water aside so I can put water that set out and already have everything in it. Anyone have advice or a system I can learn?
Thanks
Emily

So you were advices to get a fish that can grow up to 16 inches? Wow. Fish stores keep getting more pathetic. I would return them all immediately.

OH dear Matt
I didnt know that. is the 36 Gallon going to be to small?
They do not take refunds.

Which one of the fish gets to 16 inches? I cant return them. I don't even know how to feel after reading that. Panicked abit. How do I handle thils

It’s alright, don’t panic. Could you post a picture of all of the fish?

Which one of the fish gets to 16 inches? I cant return them. I don't even know how to feel after reading that. Panicked abit. How do I handle thils

The Oscar is the one that gets large. Do you have a local fish store near you? Something that’s not a store chain?

I bought it from a non chained local fish store. Called Three little fish. They don’t accept returns, exchange or refunds. How do I post pictures? I do have pictures

I’m not exactly sure if you can post a picture on this post, I’m new to this forum too. You could make a new post of the picture if you could.

I bought it from a non chained local fish store. Called Three little fish. They don’t accept returns, exchange or refunds. How do I post pictures? I do have pictures

I would try calling around to fish stores in your area. Most for me give in store credit.

You could keep also keep the convict. I don’t know about the fish you called a chiclid though. All of the fish you have are that species.

I’ll call around. That’s crazy they would sell me a fish that they assured me wouldn’t need a larger tank.

I’ll call around. That’s crazy they would sell me a fish that they assured me wouldn’t need a larger tank.

Alright. In the meantime, keep an eye on them to see if there is any serious aggression. It’s unlikely, as the Oscar is small for the time being. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Back
Top Bottom