Help acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gejegeb69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 blue acaras in my 40 gallon that get along fine and swim around together constantly, they have been in the tank for about a week but today I noticed one of them was sitting in there cave when they then skidded on their side in the sand, a few seconds later the second acara did the same thing, anyone know what this is?

How old is tank? What you're seeing is called "flashing". They may be itchy, they may be sick, they may be displaying towards each other. You check water parameters? They look ok physically? Have they dug a pit in the substrate?

How old is tank? What you're seeing is called "flashing". They may be itchy, they may be sick, they may be displaying towards each other. You check water parameters? They look ok physically? Have they dug a pit in the substrate?
the water parameters are all checked and fine, they look and act fine but I have also noticed the larger acara has a white sort of tube that comes out from behind the anal fin. The tank is fairly newish and it’s all cycled.

Back
Top Bottom