Help ..........Am I in Big Trouble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had that problem when I started up my most resent 55G tank. My suggestion is to just let it be. Do a small water change every day to try and keep everything under control while the tank cycles.

It took my tank 3 or 4 days for the white haze to go away. I had it tested and everything was fine. My tank too was second hand.

But to be safe, take about a 500mL of your water to your LFS and have them test if for everything they can. Some LFS offer a more deluxe test if you ask nice, some will do it for the same fee if you ask nice. Have them do that for you and get back to us with the results.

Main things
PH, KH(Amount of Carbonate in your water), GH(General Hardness), Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, and if they can test for chlorine and chloramine.

Also something I would suggest, not only have a sample of your tank water tested, also test your water source for filling/maintaining the tank. I never had a problem with my tank before, but lately it has been permanently cloudy. I finally decided to check my water source, and it turns out my well water tests with 1.5-2.0 ppm of Ammonia! Good thing we don't use it to drink; still creeps me out though. Anyways, now I have to use store bought water for water changes. I just thought I'd suggest testing your general water source. HTH

Back
Top Bottom