Help! can't catch fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmetcalf

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to catch my new blue tang that i mistakenly put in my display tank when she needs to go in a QT tank first to treat for ich. (so i'm told) (crap!)

I can't catch her.... I've tried but she's about the size of a quarter and hides in every nook and cranny of my rocks. I have coral on the rocks so i can't take them out without having water to put them in, and i don't have any water-holding vessel to hold them.

I'm out of ideas.

At the moment i've got the lights turned off and dark blankets over the tank hoping she'll fall asleep and i can catch her more easily.

Anyone have any suggestions?

make a homemade fish trap out of a 2 liter coke bottle by cutting the top off into a funnel shape and turn it upside down into the bottom half and put some of its favorite food in it and place it in tank then wait when it goes in it is harder for it to get out i have caught a lawnmower blenny this way and my yellow tang if i had made the hole big enough for him to get in.....

Outside of breaking down your tank I would start by feeding her Garlic Extreme and adding it to your tank. After a week do a 25% water change and stop adding the Garlic Extreme to the tank. With only 1 other fish in the tank you should be OK if the Tang is not covered in white (ich) spots.

P.S. Blue Tangs need a large tank 125 gallon minimum in the long run.

I caught her! apparently turning the lights off worked. SO...now what? I've got a 10gal tank that i filled with water from my display tank. what else should i put in there? i put some fake tank decorations in for her to hide in. I've got a sponge filter in there but it's tiny, it was meant for a goldfish bowl.

Is there an ich cure medication for saltwater fish? I've got some for fresh but it says FRESHWATER ONLY.

What should i do now? What else do i need in a QT tank?

don't worry i don't plan on having the tang in there long. just a few months while another, much larger tank matures.

Back
Top Bottom